The University of Essex is offering up to thirty Women of the Future Scholarships for 2017-18 and cover tuition fees and a stipend. Women from across the globe are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The University of Essex is a public research university in Colchester, Essex, England. It was established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965
The most common tests for language proficiency are IELTS and TOEFL iBT. However, University also accepts some other English language test scores such as Pearson and Cambridge certificates and may accept school qualification.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree program.
Scholarships will be for any area of study, except two of the awards (supported by the Edge Foundation) will be allocated to students studying in our Department of Sociology.
Value of Award
Each scholarship, which will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, is worth £20,000 and will be available to non-UK women for taught Masters study at Essex for 2017-18 and will cover tuition fees and a stipend.
Number of Scholarships: Thirty (30) scholarships are available.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a self-funded female EU or International fee paying (fee status) applicant
- be ordinarily resident in a country other than the United Kingdom
- Hold an offer of admission from our Graduate Admissions Office for a full time masters programme in any subject commencing in October 2017 by the closing date for the scholarship; the offer can be unconditional or conditional. Graduate Diplomas, PG Certificates and PG Diplomas are excluded from this award.
Nationality: Women from across the globe are eligible to apply for these scholarships. For six of the awards (supported by Santander Universities), preference will be given to applicants from the following countries, Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Chile, China, Colombia, Italy, France, Germany, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Spain, USA, UAE and Uruguay.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must have a degree from a recognised UK university other than Essex with First Class or Upper Second Class Honours.
English Language Requirement: The most common tests for language proficiency are IELTS and TOEFL iBT. However, University also accepts some other English language test scores such as Pearson and Cambridge certificates and may accept school qualification.
How to Apply
To apply for this award, all applicants must:
- complete the online application form by 31 May 2017
- apply for admission to the University via our online postgraduate application form
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 31, 2017.