The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is offering Public Policy and Governance Postgraduate Scholarship for the academic year 2017-2018. Australian or New Zealand citizen are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The intention of this Scholarship is to support commencing UTS Master of Local Government students by assisting them financially.
The UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (UTS:IPPG) Postgraduate Scholarship was designed to support local government professionals seeking to broaden their knowledge and skills through postgraduate study and to recognize the diverse pathways to a local government career.
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a thriving university located in the center of Sydney, one of the world’s most desirable and multicultural cities.
Scholarships are available to pursue postgraduate program.
Scholarships are awarded by the Institute for Public Policy and Governance.
Value of Award
The maximum value of this scholarship is $5,000 for each Recipient. There are no restrictions on how Recipients choose to use the Scholarship money.
Usually two (2) new Recipients will be awarded the Scholarship each year.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Must have submitted an application and met the entry requirements for admission to the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Master of Local Government degree by coursework degree; and
- Must be commencing the UTS Institute for Public Policy and GovernanceMaster of Local Government program; and
- Must not have completed any study under any other postgraduate courses within the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance; and
- Intend to enroll in a minimum of 12 credit points/session in the session immediately following the Scholarship selection; and
- All candidates must apply using the online UTS online Scholarship Application form to be eligible (see below)
Nationality: Australian or New Zealand citizen are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- Please note that Scholarship applicants must first submit an application for the UTSMaster of Local Government to be considered for the Scholarship. To apply for the Master course, please request an application form from the Institute at postgraduate-at-uts.edu.au or on +61 2 9514 1659. Applications for the Master of Local Government close on 31 January 2017. Applications received after this date will be considered case-by-case.
- Once you have submitted your application for the Master course, you can proceed to apply for the Scholarship. Applications open on 16 January 2017 and close on 6 March 2017 for the Autumn session. Spring dates to be confirmed.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 6, 2017.