Applications are invited for University of Waikato and Institute of Healthy Ageing PhD Scholarship. The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and international students.
The Institute of Healthy Ageing (IHA) was launched in November 2013 as a collaboration between Waikato District Health Board, the University of Auckland and the University of Waikato (UoW) to address challenges associated with New Zealand’s ageing population.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate (research) in the fields offered by the university.
University of Waikato, New Zealand
Value/Duration of Award
These scholarships will cover the following:
Up to $22,000 per anum and domestic tuition fees for up to 3 years
The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents and international students.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be intending to enrol full-time in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at the University of Waikato in 2017; and
- Have completed, or be nearing completion of, an Honours or Masters degree in a field that aligns with the research interests of the Institute of Healthy Ageing such as; Psychology, Health Science, Social Science, Management.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
Applications for the Scholarship must be submitted on the prescribed online form. Candidates must also submit an Application to Enrol in the PhD programme at the University of Waikato prior to the Scholarship closing date in order to be eligible for consideration for this Scholarship. Candidates must include with their Scholarship application:
- A Personal Statement (the template can be downloaded from the online Scholarship application form); and
- Two academic references, one of which should be from either your
- Proposed PhD Chief Supervisor or a member of the academic staff at the institution at which you obtained the qualification that defines your eligibility to enter the PhD programme
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 14, 2017.