The Faculty of Science offers a number of scholarships for Ghanaian and Nigerian students who have applied for full-time taught master’s postgraduate degrees. The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee.
The University of Portsmouth is a public university in the city of Portsmouth. The University of Portsmouth has an excellent reputation for quality teaching and sustained. Its commitment is to prepare students for their future career.
These scholarships are available to pursue the postgraduate degree.
These scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
Value of Award
These scholarships will cover 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee. The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one year Masters fees and is non-renewable and only valid for the study of the courses listed above.
Numbers of Scholarships: The numbers of scholarships are not given.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
- Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
You can apply to be considered if you:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
Nationality: Applicants of Nigeria and Ghana can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply
Please submit the scholarship form to firstname.lastname@example.org before this deadline. You will be informed of the outcome within one week after the application deadline.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.