The Umea University School of Business and Economics is delighted to offer PhD Students Position in Economics to study in Sweden. The research project focuses primarily on income dynamics and worker heterogeneity with the objective of improving the design and performance of social insurance.
In each recruitment, university aim to increase diversity and the opportunity to affirmative action.
Level/Field of Study
Position is available to pursue PhD programme in the field of Economics.
Umea University School of Business and Economics, Sweden.
Value/Duration of Award
Normally, the PhD program amounts to four years of full-time studies. Each PhD position consists of a two-year scholarship followed by a two-year PhD student employment. The PhD position may also include part-time teaching (up to 20%). If so, the total time for the position is extended corresponding to the teaching time.
Two positions are available.
International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the Umea University scholarship:
Requirements and qualifications
- The general requirement for admission is a degree on the advanced level, or the applicant has a total of 240 ECT credits of which 60 credits are at the advanced level.
- The specific requirement for admission is that the applicant has at least 90 ECT credits in Economics.
- The main qualifications are scientific skills, a strong interest in research, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team to accomplish the required tasks.
- Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written English.
- Applicants with a degree from a non-Swedish university are encouraged to provide their results from the GMAT (and/or GRE) and TOEFL tests if available.
- Documented skills in using quantitative methods such as Mathematics and Econometrics are a merit.
Entrance Requirement: The general requirement for admission is a degree on the advanced level, or the applicant has a total of 240 ECT credits of which 60 credits are at the advanced level.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written English. Applicants with a degree from a non-Swedish university are encouraged to provide their results from the GMAT (and/or GRE) and TOEFL tests if available.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
The application shall contain the following documents:
- A cover letter summarising your qualifications, scientific interests and motives for applying (max 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A research proposal (max 2 pages) presenting your research ideas and how they are contributing to the current literature in Labor Economics. The research proposal will play an important role in the selection of candidates.
- Degree certificates.
- Bachelor- and/or Master thesis or similar documentation of research skills.
- Name and contact information of two references.
Application Deadline: The application should be written in Swedish or English and submitted via the Umea University recruiting system. The last day to apply is August 15, 2017.