Applications are invited for TAKASE Foundation International Student Scholarship Program for fall 2017 / spring 2018 at Saitama University in Japan. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the scholarship is to privately finance international students to study in Japan.
Saitama is known for its well-developed industries and cultures, well -balanced urban and natural environment and convenience. At SU, all academic departments and graduate schools are located on a single campus. The geographical proximity naturally exposes students to multiple fields of academics and enables them to form diverse human networks.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are awarded to Graduate students to conduct research to contribute to international cooperation.
Saitama University, Japan
Value/Duration of Award
Scholarship of 100,000 JPY value is available for up to 12 months from October 2017 or from April 2018.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Eligibility (as of October 2017 or April 2018):
Those who satisfy any of the conditions below
- Graduate students conducting research to contribute to international cooperation
- Students in programs that award academic degrees only in English
- Students taking part in short-term study-abroad programs
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
Documents to submit:
- Application form: Forms 2-1and 2-2, Attach Japanese translation for 2-2
- Enrollment certificate (or copy of acceptance letter for prospective students)
- Copy of Student ID and Residence card (both sides) (For exchange students, submit it after obtaining the card in Japan)
- Academic Transcript of current academic year or of the latest program
- Documentation which confirms that the program awards a degree in English (Please contact your department for the above document)
- Financial statement
- Letter of recommendation (Form 3-2): Submitted only by the ones who have passed the screening: Please contact your supervisor beforehand to make a request. The deadline to submit the recommendation letter is August 24th.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 7, 2017.