The University of Auckland is pleased to offer Summer Research Scholarships to conduct a research project under supervision for 10 weeks over the summer months.
Field of Study
This is a summer research scholarship 10 weeks long between December 2017 and February 2018. Your actual starting and finishing dates must be agreed by the project supervisor.
Scholarship is available for following research projects:
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Creative Arts and Industries
- Education and Social Work
- Medical and Health Sciences
The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- $6,000 tax-free stipend.
- Get a taste of postgraduate research and help you think about pursuing postgraduate study.
- If you are new to the University of Auckland or New Zealand, you can experience studying here and living in Auckland.
- Improve your career opportunities. In some cases the scholarships lead to a career in research.
- Develop research networks and collaborate with leading researchers.
- Some summer scholars co-author presentations at international conferences and academic journal articles.
- Exposure to authentic case studies.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Practice data collection, analysis, literature reviews, interviewing techniques and mind mapping.
- Learn to use specialised software.
- Acquire specialist laboratory and presentation skills.
Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The scholarship is open to high-achieving domestic and international students who are enrolled in a New Zealand or international university and have the potential to succeed in postgraduate study.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you will need to meet the English-language proficiency requirements for postgraduate study at the University. English language requirements
How to Apply
- You can apply online or use the paper form.
- For information on how much you need to pay, and where to send your paper application if you are not applying online see Immigration New Zealand’s Office and fees finder
- When you submit your application you should include a copy of your letter from the University of Auckland confirming your admission to the Summer Research Scholarship Programme, along with any other supporting documents necessary to demonstrate that you meet student visa requirements.
Application Deadline: Applications close on July 30, 2017.