Sodertorn University is offering tuition fee waiver for pursuing master’s program studies. The scholarship scheme is aimed at particularly qualified students coming from countries outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland.
Sodertorn University is a public university located in Flemingsberg, which is located in Huddinge Municipality, and the larger area called Södertörn, in Stockholm County, Sweden. In 2013, it had about 13 000 full-time students.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s program.
Scholarships are awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the University of Södertörn.
Value of Award
The grant awarded covers tuition fees only, meaning that students need to cover their own living costs.
Students who have applied for a one or two-year Master’s program at Södertörn University may submit an application for a tuition fee waiver. The scholarships are only intended for students who are required to pay tuition fees according to the information at University Admissions. There is no age limit for tution fee waiver scholarship holders. The grant awarded covers tuition fees only, meaning that students need to cover their own living costs. A scholarship cannot be granted a student who:
- Has already lived in Sweden for two years or more prior to the scholarship period.
- Has a Swedish or EU/EEA/Swiss-citizenship, permanent residence permit or a work permit in Sweden.
- Already holds a degree from a Swedish higher education institution.
- Is currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish higher education institution.
Nationality: Students from countries outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have been awarded a Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) from an internationally recognised university.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
How to Apply
Please send the application form along with necessary supporting documents via email. An application must include the following documents:
- Application form
- Copy of passport
- Transcript of records
- Letter of recommendation from a university-level professor or academic advisor
- Letter of motivation (Explain in approximately 500 words why you are applying for the tuition fee waiver. Indicate your academic goals and why you chose Södertörn University and the particular Master’s program.)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 10, 2017.