Applications are invited from students form India and Singapore to apply for SAA-GE–SINDA Scholarships for the year 2017. Scholarships are available to pursue diploma and degree courses in the field of accountancy, finance and business.
SAA-GE is a Singapore home-grown private education institution offering academic and professional programmes in accountancy, finance and business.
The Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA) is a Self Help Group established in 1991 to uplift the socio-economic status of the Indian community in Singapore. With its primary focus on education, SINDA aims to raise the academic performance of Indian students and youth through tutorials, enrichment and motivation.
Scholarships are available for Diploma as well as Degree & Tertiary Level programmes.
- SAA Diploma in Business Management
- SAA Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance
- Preparatory Course for ACCA Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Examinations/ Foundation in Accountancy
Degree & Tertiary Level
University of London International Programmes Degrees
a) Preparatory Course for BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance
b) Preparatory Course for BSc (Hons) Banking & Finance
c) Preparatory Course for BSc (Hons) Business Management
d) Preparatory Course for BSc (Hons) Economics & Management
Preparatory course for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Examinations
Scholarships are awarded in accountancy, finance and business.
Value of Award
- All scholarships entail Tuition Fee only (excluding bridging module fee, non-tuition fee, supplementary exam fee, re-module fee) for the entire duration of the course.
- Successful candidates are required to pay the membership entrance and subscription fee.
- The scholarship is only tenable for the specific period of study. Should the student decide to drop out, or defer, the Scholarship will be voided and the student has to repay the quantum of Scholarship.
- Candidates are required to volunteer their time with SAA-GE, SINDA or Singapore Indian Education Trust (SIET) during their duration of their course and a student deed would need to be signed with SINDA and SAA-GE.
Number of Scholarships: Scholarship Available
- 4 Full Diploma Level Scholarships
- 4 Full Degree & Tertiary Level Higher Education Scholarships
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Indian origin
- Must not possess a first Degree (for Degree courses) / Diploma (for Diploma courses)
- Must meet the minimum requirements of a course of study as stipulated by SAA-GE
- Must produce a letter of offer from SAA-GE
- Must not hold any other scholarships of study awards
- Total net household Per Capita Income should not exceed $650
- Must have good grades (Must attach transcripts of previous education qualifications)
- Existing SAA-GE students are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship
- Mature candidates with working experience (If applicants do not meet any one of these requirements, they can be considered on case by case basis.)
- Must submit a short essay on the reason for the scholarship application.
Nationality: Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be returned by post and also via e-mail.
- Visit SAA-GE, 111 Somerset Road, TripleOne Somerset, #06-01/02, Singapore 238164 and speak with a course consultant, do mention that you will be applying for the SAA-SINDA Scholarship.
- Ask consultant if there are any bridging modules you need to take up in order to start your Diploma or Degree course. (Please note that fees for bridging modules are not included in the Scholarship).
- Get a letter of offer from SAA-GE and then download SINDA scholarship application form.
- Send completed form together with necessary documents indicated in the application form to the address below.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is May 19, 2017.