In cooperation with the University of Graz, the Province of Styria is offering scholarships for outstanding students from South-Eastern European countries – “Go Styria!”. The maximum scholarship period for “Go Styria” is four months. Grant awards for shorter research stays (1-3 months) are possible.
The University of Graz, located in Graz, Austria, is the largest and oldest university in Styria, as well as the second-largest and second-oldest university in Austria.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for the research program.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Value of Award
“Go Styria” includes the following benefits:
- Master/PhD: grant in the amount of EUR 600 per month incl. tuition fee waiver at the University of Graz
- PostDoc: grant in the amount of EUR 900 per month
The scholarship program aims at master and doctoral students who
- Are currently registered at universities in South-Eastern Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” (F.Y.R.O.M.), Albania, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova) and also still registered during the winter semester 2017/18
- Are currently already working on their master of doctoral thesis.
- Want to come to the University of Graz as exchange students in order to do research to then finish their degree at their home universities.
as well as POST-DOCs, who
- Have completed their PhD programme with excellent results. The completion of the doctorate should not be older than 1 year at the time of application.
Nationality: Students from South-Eastern European countries are eligible to apply.
List of Countries: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” (F.Y.R.O.M.), Albania, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova)
How to Apply
Please send the complete set of application documents scanned in one pdf-file via email.
Master and doctoral students should include the following information/documentation:
- A brief explanation that you are applying for the Go Styria scholarship and need an invitation letter from a professor at the University of Graz
- Research plan (max. 3 pages)
- Sample invitation letter
PostDoc students must include the following information:
- Completed and signed application form
- A brief explanation which scholarship programme you are applying for
- A proposal of your research plan (max. 3 pages)
- Sample invitation letter
Master and Doctoral students – Application Form
Post-Docs – Application Form
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 6, 2017.