Applications are invited for Rave Scholarships available for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from a country in transition or a developing country. Scholarships will be awarded for further practical training or non-paid work in realizing and arranging fine art exhibitions at a museum at a non-commercial gallery or at a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany.
Rave Scholarships support further practical training for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries.
IFA (Institute for Foreign Relations) is committed to peaceful and enriching coexistence between people and cultures worldwide. They promote art and cultural exchange in exhibitions, dialogue and conference programs.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
Scholarships are awarded for practical further education in realizing and arranging fine art exhibitions.
Eligible Fields of Study
Scholarships support further practical training or non-paid work for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers at a museum, at a non-commercial gallery or at a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany.
Value of Award
- A monthly lump sum of 1,300 euros for a scholarship period of three to six months
- Travelling expenses (to and from Germany)
- Health insurance
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be from a country in transition or a developing country and must still be living there
- Hitherto no opportunity yet to work in Germany for an extended period of time
- Completion of professional study or training within the last five years
- Younger than 40 years old
- Applicant must no longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training
- Confirmation (in German) from a partner institution in Germany which has agreed to take on the scholar or initiate a joint project
- A reference from the applicant’s country of origin
- Knowledge of either German or English, basic knowledge of German expected
- Applicants who were rejected once cannot re-apply.
Nationality: Applicants from a country in transition or a developing country are eligible for these Rave Scholarships.
How to Apply
Applications may be sent via e-mail or post.
The application should be accompanied by
- a fully completed application form
- a CV (3 pages max.), including educational qualifications
- a project sketch (1 page) developed together with the German institution
- informing about tasks and responsibilities of the planned visit to Germany
- consent form a non-commercial German institution to care for the applicant during the scholarship period in Germany
- a letter of reference from the home country
- an abridged report (1 page max.) on the current art scene in the home country
- a letter of motivation (1 page max.)
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application date is 15 May 2017.