The University of Sheffield is offering 100+ postgraduate scholarships worth £10,000 each for home students starting a taught postgraduate course in 2017. UK/EU students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The University of Sheffield is a premier-league, research-led institution with a population of over 25,000 students including more than 6,500 international students from over 115 countries.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate program.
Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Value of Award
The University of Sheffield is pleased to offer 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home students starting a taught postgraduate course in 2017.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship.
You can apply for a scholarship if you meet the following four criteria:
- Studying a taught postgraduate course full-time or part-time for a maximum of four years.
- Domiciled in the UK or European Union (EU) and not charged international rate fees.
- Not already qualified at master’s level, or higher.
- Must be self-funding – courses fully funded by the NHS or the Initial Teacher Training bursary, or courses that are eligible for undergraduate funding such as integrated masters are not eligible.
And one or both of the following:
- From a group that is evidentially under-represented among the institution’s taught masters population – see the widening participation criteria below.
- Already achieved or currently predicted a first class undergraduate degree.
Nationality: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: You are eligible to apply for the academic merit element of the scholarship if you achieve a first in your undergraduate degree.
English Language Requirement: These are the qualifications most commonly presented by applicants. However, different courses require different levels of achievement in these qualifications.
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS): Overall score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Overall score of 61 or above, with at least 51 in each component
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (IBT): Overall score of 88 or above, with at least 17 in Listening, 17 in Writing, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking
- University of Sheffield English Proficiency Test (USEPT) (graded as a percentage equivalent to IELTS point score, eg 65% = IELTS 6.5): Overall score of 65% or above, with at least 55% in each component
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this scholarship scheme is Monday, May 15, 2017.