A Post-doctoral research fellowship within the project ‘Nordic Branding’ is available at the Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo. The project is part of the program UiO:Norden.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The candidate must hold a doctoral degree in rhetoric or another relevant discipline. A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of internationally recognized tests.
Fellowship is provided for the postdoctoral program at the University of Oslo.
Fellowship is tenable in Nordic Branding at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Value of Award
- Salary NOK 489 300 – 588 100 per year (salary levels 57 to 65)
- An inspiring and friendly working environment
- A favorable pension arrangement
- Attractive welfare arrangements
The candidate must hold a doctoral degree in rhetoric or another relevant discipline.
The project language is English, yet since the empirical work will mainly be carried out in Norwegian, candidates should have an excellent command of a Scandinavian language and English, written and spoken.
In the evaluation of the applications, emphasis will be placed on:
- The quality and relevance of the project description;
- Academic and personal ability to carry out the project within the allotted time frame and contribute to the Nordic Branding project;
- Good co-operative skills and the ability to successfully join in academic collaboration within and across disciplines.
- Theoretical and/or methodological competence
- Communication and dissemination skills in both academic and popular genres
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The candidate must hold a doctoral degree in rhetoric or another relevant discipline.
Test Requirement: Applicants from countries outside the Nordic countries where English is not the official language must attach a TOEFL test with a minimum score of 550 unless they have a diploma from a university in an English-speaking country.
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the program for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply
The applicants should include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation and research interests)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work, scientific publications)
- Certified copies of certificates and academic diplomas. (If the original language is not English or a Scandinavian language, an English language translation must be provided in addition to a copy of the original.)
- Project description (approximately 5 pages), including a progress plan
- A complete list of academic publications
- Up to 3 publications. (If the publications are written by more than one author, a declaration of authorship and of the contribution of the applicant should be submitted.)
- A list of up to 3 references. (Name, relation to candidate, e-mail address and telephone number)
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview at the University of Oslo or we will arrange for an interview on Skype.
Please remember that the application and the project outline as well as all other documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.