The Helmholtz Center for Infection Research (HZI) is offering a PhD position: “Cell biological aspects of liver cell entry of hepatitis C virus and Plasmodium”. The position is fully funded by the German Research foundation (DFG) for a period of three years.
The HZI offers a unique research environment in the field of infection biology, excellent state of the art equipment, a stimulating scientific community and intensive training of scientific and personal skills.
The Helmholtz Center for Infection Research (HZI) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the largest scientific organization in Germany.
Position is available for pursuing PhD program.
Position is awarded to work on the project “Cell biological aspects of liver cell entry of hepatitis C virus and Plasmodium”.
Value of Award
The position is fully funded by the German Research foundation (DFG) for a period of three years. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to participate in one of the international graduate schools of the Hannover-Braunschweig area (ZIB, HBRS, GS-FIRE).
- Master’s Degree/Diploma in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, or a related field of the life sciences
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- A strong desire to do research with high self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Pronounced interest in infectious disease research
- Affinity to advanced techniques (live cell imaging, high-resolution mass spectrometry, bioinformatics)
Nationality: Applications from Germany can apply for this PhD Position.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 28, 2017.