A 3 year PhD fellowship is available in the Group for Chromatin and Structural Biology. Norwegian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must have master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or a related area.
Fellowship is available for the PhD program at the University of Oslo.
Fellowship is tenable in Structural Biology and Chromatin at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Value of Award
The position will be placed as SKO 1017 (position code) with salary depending on qualifications within step 50-57 (NOK 432 700 – 489 300 per year) depending on qualifications and seniority.
They seek highly motivated individuals with an excellent track record and experience in protein purification and biophysical and biochemical characterization of proteins and protein complexes. Experience in the field of chromatin and structural biology and mass spec techniques is an advantage. We offer stimulating environment with excellent working and social benefits.
The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The fellowship requires admission to the PhD program at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD program must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or a related area
- Hands-on experience with purification of proteins and assembly of protein complexes
- Excellent written and oral English
- Ability to operate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret the results
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
Nationality: Norwegian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or a related area.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Cover Letter stating motivation and research interests
- Copies of certificates and grades with explanation of the grading system
- A complete list of scientific publications
- List of references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 3, 2017.