Applications are invited for MOE-AU Scholarship from Singaporean students who have an interest in an academic career. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate studies at any local or overseas institutions after which the scholar is expected to apply for and obtain an AU-sponsored postgraduate scholarship to pursue a PhD from the AU to which they are paired.
The Ministry of Education is a ministry of the Government of Singapore that directs the formulation and implementation of policies related to education in Singapore.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate studies at any local or overseas institutions after which the scholar is expected to apply for and obtain an AU-sponsored postgraduate scholarship to pursue a PhD from the AU to which they are paired.
Eligible Fields of Study
Scholarships are awarded for all fields of study, subject to the scholarship board’s approval and agreement by the AUs.
Value of Award
The MOE-AU Scholarship covers:
- All tuition and compulsory fees.
- A monthly stipend, to cover accommodation and sustenance costs.
- A one-off pre-studies allowance.
- Return economy airfare (only for scholars pursuing studies overseas).
- Sponsorship for one overseas exchange programme (only for scholars pursuing studies at local universities).
Scholarship can be taken at Singapore or abroad
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be Singapore Citizens. They should have a strong interest in pursuing an academic career at one of the local Autonomous Universities, and demonstrate high achievement and aptitude for the academic field or subject that they wish to specialise in.
- For full-term applicants, they should be in their final year of pre-university studies or already in possession of pre-university qualifications. Applicants with GCE ‘A’ Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School, Polytechnic Diploma, or equivalent qualifications are welcome to apply.
- For mid-term applicants, they should have completed at least one academic semester of their undergraduate studies, but have not embarked on the final year of study at the point of application.
Nationality: Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have GCE ‘A’ levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply via PSC Gateway and should indicate Academia as one of their preferred career options.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 15, 2017.