The Korea University KOICA Masters Scholarship is offered by Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). KOICA invites high performing students from developing countries to apply for its Scholarship so as to gain professional and systematic knowledge.
KOICA has a mission to nurture talented students from developing countries, and aims to accomplish this goal through the Korea University KOICA Masters Scholarship program among other programmes. KOICA operates master’s degree courses with leading Korean universities in the fields of economics, trade, women’s empowerment, rural development, etc. Here, the agency is partnering with the Korea University.
In particular, this KOICA Scholarship program has significantly strengthened the relationships between Korea and the students’ home countries. Students, who have been given an opportunity to see Korea’s experience in poverty reduction and socio-economic development, will gain a deeper understanding of Korea and contribute to the future social, political and economic ties between their home countries and Korea.
Twenty (20) awards are granted every year. KOICA and Korea University Graduate School of International Studies (KUGSIS) together provide full tuition coverage for twenty international development program participants. KOICA equally provides financial support to meet costs of extramural training and to cover allowances and other related expenses like monthly stipend, roundtrip airfare, etc.
The following are the conditions for eligible for the Korea University KOICA Masters Scholarship:
- Candidate should be a government official or researcher working in his/her home country
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Be nominated by his/her Government
- Be under the age of 40
- Have sufficient command of spoken and written English
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally, to undergo the course;
- Not have had experience in any of KOICA’s training courses within the past three years in the same field
Nationality: All international students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
KOICA selects recipients only through KOICA offices overseas. All selected candidates have to meet the following application requirements:
- Statement of Purpose
- A copy of passport
- Two passport photos, 3×4 cm sized
- Certificate of Employment (if applicable)
- Certificate of Degree (or Certificated Expected Graduation form) of all colleges and graduate schools (in English)
- Two letters of recommendation from professors familiar with the applicant’s academic work, or from professional supervisors
- TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS score report : Native speakers of English or those who graduated from the university which all courses are conducted in English are exempt from this requirement
- Official transcripts of all colleges and graduate schools (should be SEALED by the issuing institution and written in English)
Application procedure is GSIS Admission Decision Procedure, consisting of Round 1 and Round 2 with the later being Interview by Phone and the former being Evaluation of Application Package.
Application Deadline(s): 4 May, 2017