The Kingston University Postgraduate scholarships are open to prospective full-time postgraduates in any subject area on a one-year taught master’s degree course offered at Kingston University London. Application is welcomed from students from all countries of the world.
The International Office at Kingston University offers more than 60 scholarships and bursaries per year to international students. The awards are given to encourage academic excellence, increase the diversity of the student population, and develop relationships. The Kingston University scholarships are available for both September entry and January entry for students from all countries of the world who are classed as ‘overseas’ students in the UK for fee purposes.
The scholarship features all masters’ degree level courses and subject areas offered at the university. The scholarship sponsorship is for the whole one-year duration of the taught master’s degree. The number of awards is not specified, but up to 60 awards are granted generally by the program every year. For this particular scholarship, the University offers awards totaling £200,000 every year, with each international scholarship worth £4,000.
There are other benefits attached. As one of the university’s scholars you’ll belong to a group of some of the best students, with access to senior staff and special events, giving you the opportunity to benefit from many other aspects. These include:
- attending the annual scholars’ events at historical locations often attended by senior staff, academics and the Mayor of Kingston upon Thames
- boosting your career prospects through valuable networking opportunities
- belonging to the special alumni group for scholars and meeting other scholars from around the world
- impressing future employers with your award
- being a valued student ambassador for Kingston with opportunities to contribute to some of the marketing material and in-country activities
Candidates are eligible to apply for the Kingston University Scholarship if they:
- are an international student (classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes)
- have an offer of a place on a course at Kingston for 2017-2018 entry
- are not currently registered on a postgraduate course at Kingston University.
The scholarships will be awarded largely on the basis of academic merit, and applicant’s personal statements and references.
How to apply for the Kingston University Postgraduate Scholarships
The procedure for scholarship application is separate from the course admissions application and is made online. Applicants must have received a conditional or unconditional offer letter to study at Kingston University before they apply for the scholarship.
Applicants will need electronic copies of the following documents to make application online:
1. a copy of your offer letter
2. an academic reference letter
3. a copy of your academic transcript/worksheet
4. a copy of your Academic IELTS or TOEFL result (where applicable)
If you are interested and eligible to apply, you can apply online (within the application period) for the Kingston Postgraduate Scholarships. You can also visit the scholarship announcement page for further information on this scholarship opportunity before applying.
Deadline: 31 May, 16 November, 2017