Applications are invited for Cells in Motion (CiM) Graduate School and the International Max Planck Research School – Molecular Biomedicine (IMPRS-MBM) Joint Graduate Program. Under this programme, 16 PhD positions are available for international students in the field of Life and Natural Sciences.
CiM-IMPRS is a joint graduate program formed by the merger of the International Max Planck Research School IMPRS-MBM and the CiM Graduate School of the “Cells in Motion” Cluster of Excellence at the University of Münster. The program is jointly run by the University of Münster and the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Life and Natural Sciences.
Country of Study
Value of Award
Successful applicants start their PhD project on October 1st. Students working in a Max Planck group will get a work contract. Others will receive a tax-free fellowship of 1365-1465 € per month.
Number of Scholarships: There are 16 PhD positions available for students.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent (e.g. German Diploma), in life or natural sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, chemistry, pharmacy or related fields), in mathematics or computer sciences. Applicants with a state examination in pharmacy can be admitted to work on pharmaceutical/chemical projects. The date of award of the Master’s (or diploma, state examination) degree must not be more than 4 years ago (i.e. 4 years before the above-mentioned application deadline).
- Applications are also welcome if the required degree has not yet been awarded by the time of application. However, it has to be awarded before fellowships commence in October.
- Students from Münster are also welcome to apply. Please note: Students who are already working in a group of a CiM-IMPRS member (see list of members on this page under “Faculty”) are eligible for a fellowship only if they will join a different CiM-IMPRS group for their PhD.
Nationality: Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: Adequate English proficiency: Applicants who are not native English speakers should demonstrate an adequate competence of the English language by one of the following options: 1) acceptable results in an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) or 2) proven higher education in English or 3) reasonably long stay in an English speaking country or 4) simply demonstrating your English language abilities during presentations and interviews in Münster. Please note: Although an English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS) is not required it is very important that you CAN communicate well enough in spoken and written English. Knowledge of the German language is not required.
How to Apply
Applications can only be sent via our online system. Checklist for application
- Completed CiM-IMPRS Application Form
- Curriculum vitae (1 page)
- Transcripts, records of study
- Certificates: Master (or Diplom), Bachelor, secondary school education (only if available), English language test (if available)
- Names and e-mail addresses of two academic teachers who can send reference letter
- Names of 1-3 CiM-IMPRS groups in which you would like to do your PhD.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 1, 2017.