The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is offering scholarships for students who are studying at ‘partner schools’ in Asian countries. Selected students will come to Japan in around September 2017 to commence master’s or doctor’s programme at participating Japanese Universities.
This initiative aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation in the whole Asia.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is advancing its activities around the pillars of a field-oriented approach, human security, and enhanced effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
Academic Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s or doctor’s courses at participating Japanese universities.
Available Courses: Scholarships are awarded in such fields as Science and Technology, and Engineering, especially, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
Country of Study: Japan
Value of Scholarship Award: JICA will provide the following expenses for participants in the program.
- Tuition at Japanese university master’s/ doctor’s degree programs (and research student) (actual cost)
- Allowances for living expenses (fixed amount)
- Outfit allowance (general outfit and shipping) (fixed amount)
- Mobilization allowance (fixed amount)
- Moving allowance (lump-sum payment for rental contract)
- Books (fixed amount)
- Interior research (fixed amount)
- A round-trip airfare (actual cost)
- Expenses for support programs during the study in Japan, including the costs of observation tours and internship (actual cost)
- Tuition for Japanese language and business manner training (fixed amount)
Number of Scholarships: JICA will accept 1,000 participants over 5 years. The number of participants for each batch will be decided by JICA and is subject to change due to budgetary conditions.
Applicant Eligibility:Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Under 40 years of age (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Bachelor’s degree (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Those who study or graduated from the partner schools
Nationality: Citizens of one of the 12 Asian countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam) are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
English Language Requirement: Adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course or doctor’s course.
How to Apply: Each applicant is required to submit the necessary documents by the deadline set by Japanese Universities. After the acceptance confirmation by Japanese Universities, JICA will ask the applicants to submit the prescribed documents for the visa application to Japan.
Application Deadline: Deadline for each university is different.