Wellcome trust is inviting applications for Investigator Awards in Humanities and Social Science. Scholarships are open for promising researchers from the UK, Republic of Ireland and Low- and middle-income countries to pursue the research projects in the UK.
These awards offer flexible funding support to researchers in established posts at all career stages working on important questions of relevance to health.
Wellcome trust is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. The trust support scientists and researchers take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate. Wellcome trust funding supports over 14,000 people in more than 70 countries. Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive.
These awards are provided for pursuing research projects.
These awards are available in the subjects of Humanities and Social Science.
Value of Award
These awards will cover the followings:
- The level of funding provides for an Investigator Award is flexible and can be anything from under £300,000 to around £1 million.
- Awards can last for up to five years.
- Applicants should ask for a level and duration of funding that’s justifiable for your career stage, research experience and your proposed research programme.
- Applicants can hold an Investigator Award on a part-time basis.
- The award covers the costs of carrying out the programme, such as:
- Research expenses
- Research or teaching buy-out leave
- Conference and meeting costs
Applicants must meet the following area for these awards:
- You can apply for an Investigator Award if you’re a researcher at any stages of your career, for example, a newly appointed lecturer, a mid-career researcher, or a senior or emeritus professor.
- You must hold an established post.
- The originality and impact of your research.
- Your track record in gaining research grant support.
- Your success in training and mentoring others.
- Senior researchers should be internationally recognized as leaders in their fields.
- A permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, salaried by your host organization in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country.
Nationality: Applicants of UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- and middle-income countries can apply for these awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be a researcher at any stage of their career.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Application Deadline: The Preliminary application deadline is July 4, 2017, and full application deadline is September 19, 2017.