Silesian University is now accepting applications for scholarships for students enrolled in the Master in Business Economics and Management program. Students from around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The aim of the scholarship is to award outstanding achievement and to attract students of the highest caliber from around the world.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are available to pursue Masters degree programme.
Applicants can apply to the study degree program in Economics and Management, the field of study Business Economics and Management, the specialization Marketing and Trade.
The School of Business Administration (SU SBA), Silesian University, Czech Republic.
Value/Duration of Award
Scholarship for talented international students
The Dean of the SU SBA may award a one-time scholarship in the amount of 50.000 CZK to a maximum of 5 talented foreign students of the SU SBA (5 best foreign students; without legal claim).
Up to ten merit-based scholarships each semester amounting to 10.000 CZK (approx. 370 EUR) will be awarded to students with best grade point average not exceeding the value 1.7.
If less than 10 students achieve the grade point average lower than 1.7 the total amount of scholarship 100.000 CZK will be equally divided among awarded students.
Example: Five students achieve the grade point average lower than 1.7, therefore each of them will receive the merit-based scholarship of 20.000 CZK.
Scholarship Program for Foreigners/asylum seekers
The extraordinary scholarship in support of studies of foreigners/asylum seekers in degree programs taught in English at the Silesian University in Opava in the academic year 2017/2018 will be granted to students who are persons who were provided international protection in the form of asylum or complementary protection under the Act no. 325/1999 Coll., on asylum, as amended, or who, based on the international obligations of the Czech Republic, should be viewed as asylum seekers or exiles, or people in a similar situation such as asylum seekers.
The application is submitted by the student in writing to the appropriate office, which administers his/her study agenda, by the deadline of 31 October 2017 at the latest.
The scholarship is earmarked for the payment of fees associated with studies for the degree program taught in a foreign language. Head of the respective part of the university specifies the amount with particular regard to the economic demands of studies, the cost of quality assurance of studies and their administration with regard to the current situation in a similar field of education.
The scholarship will be paid as a single payment.
Students from around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
With regard to awarding the scholarship the Dean shall decide based on the following criteria:
- The awarded student must be citizen of the country classified as upper-middle-income, lower-middle-income, low-income economy by the actual classification of the World Bank (http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups)
- The awarded student achieved outstanding results in bachelor degree studies.
- The awarded student must prove (with proper documents) extracurricular activities and community service record (studies abroad; activities in student and/or academic organizations; participation in projects and scientific events; activities in non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, charity organizations; business-related activities)
- The awarded student must earn at least 31 ECTS credits during the first semester of studies at the SBA.
- The scholarship can be awarded only once during the studies.
Entrance Requirement: The awarded student achieved outstanding results in bachelor degree studies.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: The mode of application deadline is April 18, 2018.