The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) is offering fellowship program for citizens of developing countries in India. It covers short-term, participatory research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research institutions in India.
The purpose of this Fellowship is to extend facilities of scientific infrastructure and expertise of India to scientists and researchers from other developing countries.
Indian National Science Academy(INSA), a premier scientific organization in India representing all branches of Science and Technology, has instituted the INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship administered by CICS in honour of the late JRD Tata, visionary, and a leading industrialist.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
Fellowships are available to undertake short-term, participatory research studies in India.
Eligible Fields of Study
It covers research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research institutions in India.
Scholarship is applicable for studying in: India
Value of Award
The fellowship covers:
- Cost of return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India
- Maintenance allowance and incidentals for three months,
- Accommodation to be provided by the host institute either free of cost or at nominal charges and -contingency grant for the purchase of books and stationery.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- The Fellowship is intended for researchers (Nationals) from developing countries except India, who have an aptitude for research and would be desirous of working in an Indian research laboratory for a maximum period of 3 months.
- Applicant (other than Indian) possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age (as on 31 December of the previous year of selection) affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country (Other than India).
- Applicant must possess a valid passport.
- Applicant must have acceptance from the Indian Host Institution for his research training in India under INSA JRD-TATA Fellowship (as per the format).
Nationality: Researchers from developing countries except India can apply for this INSA JRD-Tata Fellowship Program.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor, Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe
University Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants possessing Doctorate or Master´s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age may apply.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
How to Apply
Completed application along with necessary enclosures should be sent as a soft copy to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org followed by postal copy addressed. List of enclosures to accompany the application:
- A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth & age, applicant’s research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc.
- A brief write-up describing the proposed research work.
- Reprints of 5 best publications (past 5 years)
- Two passport size photographs.
- A copy of degree certificates for highest qualification.
- A letter of consent from Parent Institution.
- A copy of the first page of passport showing a date of birth, date of issue and date of expiry.
- Letter of acceptance from the Host Institution in India (Please obtain acceptance letter from the Host Institute as per the format).
Application Deadline: The last date for receipt of the applications are 30th April and 31st October in a calendar year.