The Hudec Scholarship Program is a special initiative within the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program. Scholarships are available for Chinese applicants who attend East China Normal University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University or Tongji University in Shanghai.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The aim of the program is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries. The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
Scholarships are available for the following programs:
- Bachelor Program
- Master Programs
- One-tier master programs
- Doctoral Program
- Preparatory course in the Hungarian language
- Other preparatory and specialisation courses
Hudec Scholarships are available for partial and full-time studies in the fields of architecture, industrial and interior design, urban and rural planning and related fields of studies.
Place of Study
Chinese Universities (East China Normal University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Tongji University in Shanghai)
Value of Award
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Doctoral level:according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies. Please see details in section 1.2.1.
- dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The Hudec Scholarship Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the Chinese universities involved in the programme. The Hudec Scholarships are only available for Chinese students attending East China Normal University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Tongji University in Shanghai. Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by one of these sending universities.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- former Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (non-degree studies, bachelor, master, doctoral level) including both full-time and partial study programmes
Nationality: Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants are eligible to apply only if they meet the minimum language criteria set by the chosen host higher education institution. Study programs in the English language: students shall have a level of English proficiency required by the host institution. Study programs in the Hungarian language: students shall participate in a one-year preparatory Hungarian language course before starting their higher education studies. In addition to the Hungarian language, subjects related to the chosen field of studies will also be taught in Hungarian. Study programs in other languages: students shall have a level of proficiency in the language of the study program required by the host institution.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting the complete application package: March 5, 2017.