The Global Development Institute (GDI) is pleased to announce the availability of nine scholarships for overseas applicants, providing full tuition fee waivers for on-campus Masters programmes commencing in September 2017.
Academic Level and Available Courses
- MSc Development Economics and Policy
- MSc International Development: Public Policy and Management
- MSc International Development, including the following pathways (Development Management; Environment, Climate Change and Development; Globalisation, Trade and Industry; Politics, Governance and Development Policy; Poverty, Inequality and Development; Poverty, Conflict and Reconstruction)
- MSc Human Resources Development (International Development)
- MSc ICTs for Development
- MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development
- MSc Management and Implementation of Development Projects
- MSc Organisational Change and Development
Country/Institution of Study
Global Development Institute, University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
Value of Scholarship
Full tuition fee waivers
There are 9 scholarships to be awarded
- Applicants must already hold an unconditional offer for an eligible Masters programme (please see list above for relevant Masters programmes for each scholarship).
- Applicants must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country. The full list of eligible countries can be found below.
- Applicants for international scholarships must not have previously studied in an OECD country.
- Applicants must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS (or similar exam), with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0.
How to Apply
Applicants should email a 500-word statement detailing how they will apply their learning to develop a credible career track into development leadership. The closing date for applications for September 2017 will be 26 May 2017, but earlier application is advisable.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: 26th May, 2017