The Wits University is pleased to announce the availability of fourteen fully funded Postgraduate Bursaries in different fields. These bursaries are available on the basis of competition for South African and Sub-Saharan African students.
The aim of the bursaries is to enable and encourage academically able students from South Africa.
Level/Field of Study
These bursaries are available to pursue the master degree in the following fields:
- Architecture in the field of Sustainable and Energy Efficient Cities (March (SEEC))
- Development Planning
- Built Environment in the field of Housing
- Urban Studies
Wits University, South Africa
Value/Duration of Award
These Wits University Postgraduate bursaries will cover the followings:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living
- Expenses including subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
Fourteen scholarships are available.
South African and Sub-Saharan African applicants are eligible for these bursaries.
Applicants must meet the following area for these Wits University bursaries:
- South African citizens
- Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued upon application for admission.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be graduates.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Once an application for admission into the relevant degree has been submitted, the candidate can proceed to complete the attached bursary application form, providing the ‘person number’ issued by Wits University.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.