The University of New South Wales is pleased to offer Research Grant to students from Australia who show exceptional academic potential. Proposals for this program require a joint submission by both a UNSW researcher(s) and their collaborators based at a higher education institution in the State of São Paulo, Brazil.
The FAPESP-UNSW Joint Research Grants aim to foster scientific and technological cooperation between researchers from UNSW and the State of São Paulo and include joint funding for collaborative research activities and academic mobility.
The University of New South Wales (UNSW; branded as UNSW Sydney) is an Australian public research university. It is one of the country’s leading universities.
Academic Level: Grants are available to pursue research.
Available Courses: Grants are awarded in research proposals are invited from all fields of science, technology and engineering.
Country of Study: Australia and Brazil
Value of Scholarship Award: The grant will cover the following:
- FAPESP & UNSW will each provide funding of up to $10,000 per proposal per year. The maximum duration of each project is 24 months. Proposals for this program require a joint submission by both a UNSW researcher(s) and their collaborators based at a higher education institution in the State of São Paulo, Brazil.
Applicant Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these grants:
- Eligibility to submit proposals within the scope of this Call
- Principal Investigators (PIs) on a project must be researchers holding a salaried appointment with UNSW and are only permitted to apply for one grant at any one time.
- Applications are welcome from academic staff at all levels at UNSW.
- Eligibility for the exchange activities within the scope of this Call
The following people in a proposal are eligible for exchange activities where relevant: UNSW Principal Investigators, Co-Principal Investigators, Associate Investigators and related postdoctoral candidates and PhD students.
Nationality: Australia applicants can apply for this grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicant must be postdoctoral candidates and PhD students.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Applications require a joint submission by both a UNSW researcher(s) and their collaborators based at a higher education institution in the State of São Paulo, Brazil.
- All applications need to be submitted to FAPESP using the SPRINT call for proposals 2nd edition 2017
Please also see the SPRINT UNSW guidelines for specific information and guidelines for UNSW applicants.
- All UNSW applicants will need to provide a copy of their submission including the application form and supporting documents to research.partnerships-at- unsw.edu.au
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.