International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering is inviting applications for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships. The Master of Science in Computational Mechanics is designed for students who wish to excel in the field of computational mechanics.
The Erasmus Mundus Master in Computational Mechanics is a two-years master programe that exploits the complementarity of five leading universities with a long tradition of research and teaching in Simulation engineering.
The goal of the programme is to provide the students with the skills for the modelling, formulation, analysis and implementation of simulation tools for advanced engineering problems, as well as skills for understanding these approaches in the broader context of business and innovation.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are awarded to study an MSc Programme, in the field of Computational Mechanics.
Spain, UK, France, Germany and Beijing
Value/Duration of Award
- The Tuition fees of the Master for 2 years
- A stipend of €1000 per month
- Funds for travel and installation (the amount depends on the residency of the candidate and can be from €0 to €7500. The final amount is determined by the EACEA Agency, not by the management of the Master Programme)
Applicants from all over the world (all international students) can apply for these scholarships.
- Category A scholarships can be awarded to masters students selected by EMMC consortia who come from a country other than an eligible applicant country and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
- Eligible applicant countries for Cat. A: all countries except the EU27 Member States + Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
** Category B scholarships can be awarded to any masters students selected by EMMC consortia and who do not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above.
Entrance Requirement: A candidate must hold a Bachelor of Science or Engineering, or an appropriate science degree deemed to be a satisfactory standard for the purpose of postgraduate admission (at least 180 ECTS) and awarded by an Institution recognized by one of the members of the Consortium. Applications must include a statement of purpose (one/two pages), a CV, complete academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
English Language Requirement:
- TOEFL CBT 230
- TOEFL PBT 570 (paper)
- TOEFL IBT 89 (internet)
- IELTS 6.5
How to Apply
To apply online, please, complete the following steps:
- Get registered at the virtual centre (remember your ID!)
- Fill in the Registration Form.
- Upload the Registration Form to the virtual center.
- Complete and submit the Online Registration Form.
- Upload to the virtual center the following files IN PDF format (Ms Word files will be discarded)
Scanned copy of the Bachelor degree with filename: BachelorDegree.pdf
The degree classification, class rank and full academic transcript with filename: DegreeClassification.pdf
The IELTS or similarly internationally recognized English language proficiency score with filename: EnglishCertificate.pdf
A complete Curriculum Vitae with filename: CV.pdf
Application Deadline: The scholarship application deadline is January 15, 2018.