For the intake in October 2017, the program will award up to six doctoral scholarships, four financed by the Karl Schlecht Foundation (KSG) and two financed by the Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft (SDW). Applicants from Germany can apply for these Doctoral scholarships.
The program is designed for exceptionally talented and motivated graduate students whose research interests relate to responsible leadership in a global business context.
The WCGE is a non-profit Think Tank. It offers training in ethics to current and future leaders to equip them with systematic schemes of analysis and decision-making which can be applied in everyday work situations.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD program.
Scholarships are awarded for the PhD program in “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business.”
Country of Study
Value of Award
The monthly stipend rate will be 1.350 Euros (KSG & SDW scholarships) plus a research allowance (SDW scholarships). The scholarship can be granted for up to three years, depending on the progress of the dissertation projects and the completion of the requirements in the study and practical program, which will be assessed on an annual basis.
Number of Scholarships: There are six scholarships available.
Applicants should familiarize themselves with the research interests of ERL faculty members and indicate one potential supervisor in their application. Candidates must hold an above-average master or diploma degree in a field that is relevant to their individual research proposal. For the four scholarships awarded by the KSG, previous practical experience in companies is required. For the two SDW scholarships, comprehensive previous and current social commitment such as volunteer work and German language skills (B2) are prerequisites. In addition, SDW stipendiaries will be required to participate in regional working groups and SDW events regularly. Candidates should indicate which of the scholarships they apply for.
Nationality: Applicants from Germany can apply for these Doctoral scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Admission to the doctoral program will only be possible if one of the following professors agrees to supervise the proposed research project:
- Dr. Ingo Pies, Chair of Economic Ethics, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Dr. Philipp Schreck, Friede-Springer-Endowed Chair of Business Ethics and Management Accounting, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Dr. Andreas Suchanek, Dr. Werner Jackstädt Chair of Economic and Business Ethics, HHL – Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- Dr. Josef Wieland, Chair of Institutional Economics, Leadership Excellence Institute, Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen
How to Apply
Please send application per email, as one pdf file (max. 4MB). Applications should include
- An exposé describing the research proposal (max. 15 pages), including an executive summary and the name of the favoured supervisor
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
- Two letters of reference
- A university certificate which fulfils the conditions for obtaining a PhD at the university of the favoured professor (incl. transcript of records)
- If applicable, certificates of employment and a publication list
- A CV
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 24, 2017.