For the August 2017 intake, the DAAD is offering scholarships for candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLV) countries to pursue master’s degree at the Asian Institute of Technology.
AIT’s mission is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who play leading roles in the region’s sustainable development and its integration into the global economy.
The Asian Institute of Technology, on the other hand, is an international postgraduate institute founded in 1959 and is Asia’s pioneer institution established to help meet the region’s growing needs for advanced learning in engineering, science, technology and management, research and capacity building. AIT’s mission is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who will play a leading role in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy. AIT is based in Thailand and has affiliated centres in the region.
AIT is an international institute and English is the sole language of instruction. Therefore, all applicants must demonstrate an ability to write acceptable academic and technical prose in English. Applicants who do not meet the minimum AIT admissions requirements (equivalent to an IELTS Writing score of 6.0) may be admitted with conditions.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master’s degree at the AIT.
The scholarships are available in the following fields of study offered at AIT:
School of Engineering and Technology (SET)
- Transportation Engineering (TRE)
- Water Engineering and Management (WEM)
School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD)
- Agricultural Systems and Engineering
• Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management
• Environmental Engineering and Management
• Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology
• Gender and Development Studies
• Natural Resources Management
• Regional and Rural Development Planning
• Urban Environmental Management
- Cleaner Production
• Integrated Tropical Coastal Zone Management
• Integrated Watershed Development and Management
• Modeling Tools in Environmental Resources and Management
• Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Management
Value of Award
Each scholarship award covers tuition and other academic fees, and living allowances for a 22-month program. The scholarship’s value is 24.837 EURO (~THB 937,800) per scholarship holder, divided in 12.723 EURO (nearly THB 480,400) for the first year of studies (12 months); renewable for the second year depending on satisfactory academic performance at 12.114 EURO (nearly THB 457,400) for the second and last year (10 months).
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a bonafide national of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar or Vietnam.
- Applicants should be not more than 28 years of age when applying.
- They are requested to hold a Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 (or equivalent).
- Additionally, a TOEFL of at least 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or IELTS of at least 6.0 is mandatory. DAAD does not accept institutional TOEFL reports.
- Prospective applicants will apply directly to AIT.
- In addition to AIT’s application package, the applicant is to submit a CV (typed, 2 pages at most) and a letter of motivation for the master’s study.
Nationality: Scholarship is available for Nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: They are requested to hold a Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 (or equivalent).
English language Requirements: Additionally a TOEFL of at least 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or IELTS of at least 6.0 is mandatory. DAAD does not accept institutional TOEFL reports.
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the AIT Admissions website. Completed application forms, with supporting documents should be submitted to the Admissions & Scholarship Unit.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2017.