The Cleveland Foundation is offering scholarships for graduating high school seniors. The eligible student must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen and be attending an accredited educational institution.
The Cleveland Foundation was the world’s first community foundation. As of December 2011, it is America’s fourth-largest community foundation, with assets of $1.62 billion and annual grants of around $84 million.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Country of Study
Value of Award
The amount of every scholarship is different.
Number of Scholarships: There are 64 scholarships are available.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen*
- Must be attending an accredited educational institution
- Must have a minimum grade-point-average of 2.0 or equivalent GED score (Some scholarships require a higher GPA requirement for eligibility)
While not a Universal requirement, many of our scholarships require residence within Cuyahoga, Lake, or Geauga Counties. Applicants must not be a relative of a member of the Cleveland Foundation staff or the foundation’s Board of Directors.
Nationality: Students from USA are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A minimum grade-point-average (GPA) of 2.0 or GED score of 2.89 is required. Some scholarships specify a higher GPA for consideration.
How to Apply
- Refer to Scholarship Listings page to view all available scholarships and their required application method.
- General Application – using Scholarship Gateway, apply with one application and be considered for multiple scholarships.
- Corporate/Group Application – using our Scholarship Gateway, apply for a new scholarship through your affiliated corporation or special group.
- External Application – contact the affiliated school or organization.
Renewal – Some Scholarships are renewable provided the student has met the requirements for continued support (See scholarship details). To renew a current scholarship for the next academic year, complete and return the Renewal/Verification form and requirements by April 1, 2017.
All requirements must be uploaded to your application by the Application Deadline. Online instructions will be provided for uploading your requirements.
- Completed Online Application form
- Current Transcript from your school
- Essay/Personal Statement
- (2) Letters of Recommendation
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Letter of Acceptance from the School you plan to attend – if available
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 15, 2017.