Applications are invited for Campus France Foundation Doctoral Fellowships for Science and Technology for Portuguese. Doctoral scholarships are intended for master graduates (or equivalent), which are accepted as doctoral students in a Portuguese or foreign university.
The Embassy of France in Nigeria and Campus France are committed to increasing Nigerian students’ mobility to France. French Embassy, has a double mission: to promote French language and francophone cultures, to relay information on franco-Nigerian cooperation. The Embassy’s main aim is to give future France alumni the keys to becoming a complete success story in France and everywhere. The French embassy is one of 166 foreign representations in Nigeria, and one of 106 foreign representations in Abuja.
Academic Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all fields of study.
Country of Study: Portugal and abroad
Value of Scholarship Award: The amount of the doctoral scholarship is 1710 euros/month in the case of a doctorate done outside Portugal.
Number of Scholarships: 1863 scholarships awarded in 2009 for partially completed doctorates (eg cotutelles) or entirely abroad. In 2009, approximately 10% of these grants were awarded of moving to France.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Portuguese or foreign (French, for example) justifying permanent residence in Portugal. Please note that the CTF’s policy on access to doctoral fellowships is subject to change frequently, consult the website to see the eligibility criteria in force.
Specials: Holders of a master’s degree (or equivalent)
Language Mastery: No specific conditions related to language proficiency, other than those desired by the host institution
Each fellow may not simultaneously be the beneficiary of any other scholarship for the same purpose, except when an agreement is established between the entities financing the research project.
Nationality: Portuguese applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a holders of a master’s degree (or equivalent).
English language Requirements: No specific conditions related to language proficiency, other than those desired by the host institution
How to Apply: The applications are downloaded and file online, beware of the saturation of the site to the approach of submission deadlines.
- Documents proving that the candidate meets the conditions required for the grant requested, including all diplomas obtained with the final average and rankings in all disciplines
- Work Program to develop
- Indication of the name and e -mail the thesis director or officer candidate
- short CV of the supervisor including the list of scientific publications and previous coaching experience of candidates
- Document proving the acceptance of the candidate by the institution which will take place research, ensuring the necessary conditions for the proper development of labor
- Document proving the acceptance of the candidate by the institution of the diploma
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
certificate of permanent residence permit for permanent residence or status of long-term resident as appropriate.
10. For foreign candidates (see exact conditions: http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml#art17) document issued by the “Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras”
Application Deadline: The call for Campus France Foundation applications is usually open twice a year, in May and September.