The Foundation for the Kodaly Institute is offering Bacon-Erdei Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarships are available to pursue research at the Kodaly Institute of the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music.
Purpose of the scholarship is to ease the burden of earning living expenses for a worthy candidate who plans to do any particular in-depth research study (musicology, musical theory or music education) based on Kodály-related materials available in the Kodály Institute’s Library and Archives resulting in an original academic study in writing, ready for publication.
The Foundation for the Kodaly Institute was established in 1995 in order to help secure the financial background of the study programmes and activities of the Kodály Institute.
Scholarship is available to do any particular in-depth research study.
Scholarship is awarded in the field of music.
Country of Study
Value of Award
The scholarship is a sum of net 200.000 HUF/month for a minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 months period of time to be used freely by the recipient (the candidate may suggest the length of time in accordance with his/her proposal in the application).
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Age limit: candidate must be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of submitting his/her application;
- Candidate must prove to have earned a masters’ degree in the field of musicology, musical theory, music education or performance (vocal/choral or instrumental);
- Candidate must prove to have already published some original work and submit proof of having done so;
- In case of performing artists, candidates must prove to have given recitals and must submit some examples of their live performances on DVD;
- Candidate must write a mission statement containing the title and outline of the research topic or – in case of performance – the list of musical material to be studied, including the proposed length of the scholarship he/she wishes to win;
- In the application candidate must include a professional CV;
- The application must be accompanied by two letters of reference/recommendation given by well-known experts in the field.
Recipient of the scholarship must reside in Hungary during the designated time-span of the scholarship. The Foundation will help find suitable accommodation if necessary.
Nationality: Citizens of Hungary are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a masters’ degree.
English Language Requirement: The language of instruction and examinations (both oral and written) is English. Students whose first language is not English must submit an English language certificate.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application by email.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2017.