Associação Brasileira de Estudos Irlandeses (ABEI) and Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin is offering fellowship for the students of Brazil. These scholarships are available for pursuing the master program in Irish Studies for the academic year 2017-2018.
Trinity College is the sole constituent college of the University of Dublin, a research university in Ireland.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Fellowship is available for pursuing masters program.
Fellowship is awarded in the field of Irish Studies.
List of Subjects: M.Phil. Early Modern History, M.F.A. Playwriting, M. Phil in Literary Translation and M. Phil in Irish Writing
Value of Award
The grant will cover one year worth of international tuition fee (September 2017-2018), accommodation, travel costs and living expenses for a total value of €35,000.
- At the time of registration, the student must have finished their undergraduate degree or be regularly enrolled in a post graduate course and have finished at least one module;
- The student must have an average higher than 7 for undergraduates or an A or B for post-graduates.
- The student must not be taking part in an exchange program.
- The student needs to be a member of ABEI and be up-to-date with the annual payment www.abei.org.
- The student should include their Trinity application number on their application. They are welcome to apply before they have received an offer of admission, however, they will only be eligible to receive the scholarship if they receive an offer of admission from Trinity.
Nationality: Students of Brazilian institutions are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their undergraduate degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
- Registration form (available at CCInt-FFLCH’s website);
- Letter of interest in English stating why the student chooses the program, their academic interests and how his/her research project (abstract of the proposal) or the ongoing study program will benefit (maximum 3 pages or 1500 words);
- A recent academic paper was written in English (maximum 7 pages or 3000 words);
- English proficiency certificate. Trinity accepts the following proficiency exams if they had been taken within two years of the date of the application:
IELTS: Grade 6.5 (No section less than 6.0)
TOEFL: 88 – iBT, 230 – Computer-based, 570 – paper based
University of Cambridge: 180+ on Cambridge English scale with no less than 175 in each skill and use of English i.e.
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) First Certificate, Grade A (CEFR Level C1)#
Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59)
- Updated student undergraduate (and postgraduate) transcript from Sistema Jupiter web or Janus web, or from another Brazilian University;
- Curriculum Vitae (student must present their Curriculum Lattes);
- Two reference letters written in English sent to ccint.fflch-at-usp.br ;
- A copy of the student’s passport which must be valid at least until the end of the exchange program.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 10, 2017.