The Friedrich Ebert Foundation is pleased to offer up to 40 Postgraduate Scholarship to the students of developing countries. These scholarships are available to pursue PhD in all academic subjects.
The aim of the scholarships is to promote young talent
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation is a German political foundation associated with the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD).
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are available to pursue postgraduate programmes (PhD) in all academic subjects.
Value/Duration of Award
These Friedrich Ebert Foundation scholarships will cover the followings:
- 650 € per month (basic scholarship programme) / 1000 € per month (graduate scholarship programme)
- 276 € of family allowance, if applicable refund of health care costs
- Any income exceeding 400 € per month will be credited against the scholarship.
Up to 40 scholarships are available.
Applicants of developing countries of Asia, Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe are eligible for these scholarships.
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- All academic subjects
- Students from public or state-approved universities and from universities of applied sciences/polytechnical colleges (FH)
- Postgraduate programmes (PhD)
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be enrolled in Master or other postgraduate programmes.
Language Requirement: Applicants should submit a language proficiency certificate ( C 1, TestDAF).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via online mode.
- At the time of application, foreign students should be able to submit proof of their initial academic achievements/marks with the exception of those enrolled in Master or other postgraduate programmes.
- duration of the application process:
- mode of application:
Please use the “Online-Bewerbung” on the Internet – in German only! supplementary sheet
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 31, 2017.