The Chen Foundation is focused on helping economically-challenged youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education. The scholarship is renewable, allowing scholarship recipients to receive an additional $2,000 award for the Fall quarter/semester of their 2nd year of college if they maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and active service in the community. Grants students 10 – $2,000 in renewable scholarship awards.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- High school seniors who reside in California
- Plan to attend a California State University or California Community College as a 1st year full-time student in the Fall of 2017 (if selected, must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below California State/County Low Income Level (must be able to show 2015 or 2016 tax return should applicant be selected for award)
- The scholarship is open to all majors and there is no ethnicity requirement
How to Apply
All materials must be received by 11:59pm – Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Anything received (whether mailed, emailed, or faxed) past that date and time will NOT be considered, regardless of the postmark. Application and recommender forms MUST be submitted online – Hard copies will NOT be accepted.