Uppsala University is offering up to 11 PhD positions in Business Studies. The Department of Business Studies conducts research and provides education on the doctoral level in the following fields: Entrepreneurship, International Business, Marketing, Organization/Management, Accounting/Finance.
Uppsala University is an international research university focused on the development of science and education. Our most important assets are all the individuals who with their curiosity and their dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting work places.
Applicants with a master’s degree from an English-speaking university or programme do not need to provide further proof of their English skills.
Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Positions are available in the following fields: Entrepreneurship, International Business, Marketing, Organization/Management, Accounting/Finance.
Country of Study
Value of Award
Funding takes the form of a scholarship or a doctoral studentship (doktorandtjänst). The doctoral studentship is associated with the possibility of teaching or working as a senior researcher assistent for 20 % of the time. There is no tuition fee.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 11 PhD positions are available.
For admission to the doctoral programme in Business Studies, the applicant must meet the general and specific entry requirements that the Faculty Board has laid out and be considered to have the ability required to benefit from the doctoral programme in other respects. (see the General Study Plan in the right hand column).
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants with a master’s degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirement: Applicants with a master’s degree from an English-speaking university or programme do not need to provide further proof of their English skills.
How to Apply
The application should include the following documents:
- Certified transcripts of academic records, diplomas and other relevant documents that prove general and special eligibility.
- A research proposal in English or Swedish. The research proposal should address the main research questions and the relevance of the project, relate the project to relevant previous research in the field, and present issues regarding data and methodology. If you apply for a PhD position related to a specific project, your proposal can be related to the project of your choice. The proposal can be max. 12,000 characters including spaces (about 4-5 A4-pages).
- A motivation letter. In the motivation letter you will have to specify whether you apply for a general PhD position or/and one of the project positions.
- Thesis degree (master thesis or equivalent, electronic copy of books, articles, scripts, etc.) in English or Swedish. Note that a Master thesis that has not yet been completed and assessed by the application deadline is given respite until May 30
- Other documents, CV etc.
- TOEFL test (or equivalent tests). However, note that applicants with a master’s degree from an English-speaking university or programme do not need to prove their English skills by submitting a TOEFL test.
- Two letters of reference/recommendation (for example from university teachers or employers). The recommendation should state in what way the referent has known the applicant. We are particularly interested in an assessment of the applicant in terms of our admissions criteria (see link in the right hand column “Instructions for rec letters”). References should email their letters to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Deadline for application is March 31, 2017.